The Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship of $1,250 is awarded to a qualified resident of Massachusetts for second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies in the United States. Funding, which is awarded on a competitive basis, is for full-time studies during academic year September 2015-May 2016.
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status in the United States residing in Massachusetts who will be engaged in second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies during academic year 2015-2016. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Qualified residents of New England will be considered if no applicants from Massachusetts apply. This scholarship is non-renewable. Only one member per immediate family may receive a Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship during any given academic year.
Selection is based on academic excellence, the applicant's academic achievements, interests, motivation, interest in Polish subjects and involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Completed Scholarship Application Forms;
- B - Statement of Purpose;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two confidential Letters of Reference;
- E - Letter of Acceptance to college/university;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Passport-size photo;
- H - $35 non-refundable application fee.
- A - Review the application here and prepare supporting materials (items B-essay, F-proof of Polish ancestry, G-photo, as well as the financial information form) prior to completing the on-line application form. Follow all file naming conventions posted. Complete the Tuition Scholarship application form and submit it on-line - see link at the bottom of this page.
- B - In the Statement of Purpose discuss your major, specialization and academic and career goals for which you are requesting scholarship support. A minimum of three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "MFPWC16" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Save your file as "MFPWC16-essay-lastname-firstname" and upload it to your application form;
- C - Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through Summer 2014; Submit official transcripts via US postal service . Please see below for address.
- D - Submit two confidential letters of academic reference from professors / teachers. Letters should be written on university letterhead and may be sent directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via US postal service or via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org;
- E - Submit a copy of your letter of acceptance to college/university; letters may be sent via US postal service or e-mailed to Addy@thekf.org through May 29th.
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Upload copies of official documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents. If documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not accepted;
- G - Submit a passport-size photo of yourself (2 inches x 2 inches) which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. Electronic photos may be uploaded to the on-line application. Save file as "MFPWC16-photo-lastname-firstname";
- H - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF. Please make your check or money order payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation;
- The KF cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone;
- Do not staple check to checklist.
Submit all materials to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
January 9th, 2015 - Application, Financial Information Form, Statement of Purpose, passport-size photo, proof of Polish descent and $35 non-refundable application fee and checklist.
January 15th, 2015 - Transcripts, Letters of Recommendation.
May 29, 2015 - copy of your letter of admission to college/university.
Notification of results is made in writing on or about May 29, 2015.
A time-line for academic year 2015-2016 is available here.
ONLINE APPLICATION is currently open
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- A 2" by 2" passport sized full-faced photograph of yourself.
- Statement of purpose.
- Financial information form.
- Proof of Polish ancestry.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (optional).
When the online application period is closed, write to Addy@thekf.org and ask to be added to the MFPWC Scholarship mailing list. We will add your e-mail address to our list for one year. You will receive an e-mail notification when the new application cycle is open.
Information below is posted for Kosciuszko Foundation's 2014-2015 scholarship recipients.
Click here to view a timeline of due dates for the 2014-2015 scholarship.