The Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship of $1,250 is awarded to a qualified resident of Massachusetts for second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies in the United States. Funding is for full-time studies during academic year September 2017-May 2018.
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status in the United States residing in Massachusetts who will be engaged in second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies during academic year 2017-2018. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Qualified residents of New England will be considered if no applicants from Massachusetts apply. This scholarship is non-renewable. Only one member per immediate family may receive a Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship during any given academic year.
Selection is based on academic excellence, the applicant's academic achievements, interests, motivation, interest in Polish subjects and involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Completed Scholarship Application Forms;
- B - Statement of Purpose;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two Letters of Reference;
- E - Letter of Acceptance;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Passport-size photo;
- H - $35 non-refundable application fee.
- A - During the application period, a copy of the application form appears her for the candidate's review. The on-line form post to the "Click Here to Apply" button during the application period, see below.
- B - In the Statement of Purpose discuss your major, and academic and career goals. A statement of purpose will be three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "MFPWC18" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Save your file as "MFPWC18-essay-lastname-firstname" and upload it to your application form;
- C - Submit official transcripts for the most recent three full years of academic work through Summer 2016. Submit official transcripts via USPS.
- D - Submit two confidential letters of academic reference from professors / teachers. Recommendation letters must be written on university letterhead and may be sent by professors directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via USPS or via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org;
- E - Submit a copy of your letter of acceptance to college/university through April 10th;
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Upload copies of official documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents. If documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not official documents and will not be accepted;
- G - Submit a photo of yourself which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. Electronic photos may be uploaded to the on-line application. Save file as "MFPWC18-photo-Last Name-First Name";
- H - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF. Please make your check or money order payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation;
- The KF cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone;
- Do not staple check to checklist.
Submit hard copy materials to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
January 5 - Application, support materials and application fee.
April 10 - copy of your college/university letter of admission.
Notification of results is made in writing on or about May 15, 2017.
THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
THE NEXT OPPORTUNITY TO APPLY WILL BE IN FALL 2016
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- A 2" by 2" passport sized full-faced photograph of yourself.
- Statement of purpose.
- Financial information form.
- Proof of Polish ancestry.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (optional).
When the online application period is closed, write to Addy@thekf.org and ask to be added to the MFPWC Scholarship mailing list. We will add your e-mail address to our list for one year. You will receive an e-mail notification when the new application cycle is open.