The Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarships provide funding of $500-$2,000 to qualified students for full-time undergraduate and graduate studies at accredited colleges and universities in the United States. Scholarships will be awarded for academic year September 2015-May 2016. The selection of Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship winners is made on a competitive basis by the Kosciuszko Foundation on behalf of the Polish American Club of North Jersey. Students may reapply for funding.
To learn more about the Polish American Club of North Jersey click here.
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status in the U.S. who are active members of the Polish American Club of North Jersey and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Children and grandchildren of Club members are eligible. Only one member per immediate family may receive a Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship during any given academic year.
Selection is based on academic excellence, the applicant's academic achievements, interests, motivation, interest in Polish subjects and involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Completed Scholarship Application Forms;
- B - Statement of Purpose;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two confidential Letters of Reference;
- E - Letter of Acceptance to college/university;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Passport-size photo:
- H - $35 non-refundable application fee.
- A - Review the application here and prepare supporting materials (items B-essay, F-proof of Polish ancestry, G-photo, as well as the financial information form) prior to completing the on-line application form. Follow all file naming conventions posted. Complete the Tuition Scholarship application form and submit it on-line - see link at the bottom of this page. Submit your application fee with the checklist to the Kosciuszko Foundation.
- B - In the statement of purpose discuss your major, specialization and academic goals for which you are requesting scholarship support. A minimum of three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "PACNJ16" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Save your file as "PACNJ16-essay-lastname-firstname" and upload it to the on-line application form.
- C - Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through Summer 2014; Submit official transcripts via US Postal service. Please see below for address.
- D - Submit two confidential letters of academic reference from professors / teachers. Letters should be written on school/university letterhead and sent by teachers directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via US postal service or e-mail to Addy@thekf.org;
- E - Submit a copy of your letter of acceptance to college/university. Letters may be submitted via US postal service or e-mail to Addy@thekf.org through May 29th.
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Upload copies of official documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents. If documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not accepted;
- G - Submit a passport-size photo of yourself (2 inches x 2 inches) which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. Electronic photos may be uploaded to the on-line application. Save file as: PACNJ16-photo-yourlastname-yourfirstname;
- H - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF. Please make your check or money order payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation.
Notes for Re-applicants:
- With the exception of photos and proof of Polish descent, scholarship re-applicants must update all materials since their last application submission. This includes an updated statement of purpose, official transcripts through Summer 2014 (do not submit transcripts for Fall 2014 unless requested); two updated letters of reference; tuition scholarship application, financial information form; and Checklist;
- Submit $35 non-refundable application fee made out to the Kosciuszko Foundation and checklist and send to the address listed below;
- Students who re-apply for funding do not receive preferential treatment; renewal applications are considered together with new pool of applicants;
- Please see Notes above for additional information and file naming conventions or contact the Grants Department;
Notes for all P.A.C.N.J. applicants:
- The KF cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone.
- Do not staple check/money order to Checklist;
All P.A.C.N.J candidates must forward a copy of their completed checklist to: Anna Sokolski, PACNJ, PO Box 494, Paramus, NJ 07653
Submit all materials to:
January 29, 2015 - application and supporting materials.
May 29, 2015 - copy of your Letter of Admission to college/university.
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
Notification of results is made in writing on or about May 29, 2015.
A time-line for academic year 2015-2016 is available here.
Changes in contact information after submission of application materials may be forwarded via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org
ONLINE APPLICATION is currently open.
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- A 2" by 2" passport sized full-faced photograph of yourself.
- Statement of purpose.
- Financial information form.
- Proof of Polish ancestry.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (optional).
When the on-line application period is closed, write to Addy@thekf.org and ask to be added to the Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship mailing list. We will add your e-mail address to our list for one year. You will receive an e-mail notification when the new application cycle is open.
Information below is posted for Kosciuszko Foundation's 2014-2015 scholarship recipients.
Click here to view the timeline of due dates for the 2014-2015 scholarship.