The Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarships provide funding to qualified students for full-time undergraduate studies at accredited colleges and universities in the United States. Scholarship amount varies. Scholarships will be awarded for academic year September 2017-May 2018. The selection of Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship winners is made on a competitive basis by the Kosciuszko Foundation on behalf of the Polish American Club of North Jersey. Students may reapply for funding.
For more information about the Polish American Club of North Jersey, please contact: Anna Sokolski, (973) 831 1328
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status in the U.S. who are active members of the Polish American Club of North Jersey and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Children and grandchildren of Club members are eligible. Only one member per immediate family may receive a Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship during any given academic year.
Selection is based on application completeness, recommendations, academic excellence and achievements, interests and motivation, the applicant's essay, interest in Polish subjects or involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Before applying on-line, preview the application form at the link found above. Apply only at the on-line form at the "Click Here to Apply" button found below. Complete the Financial Information Form, save it as "PAC18-Last name-First name-FIF" and e-mail it to Addy@thekf.org;
- B - In the statement of purpose/essay discuss your major and your academic and career goals. Your statement of purpose will be three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "PAC18" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Save your file as "PACNJ18-Last Name-First Name" and upload it to the on-line application form.
- C - Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through Summer 2016; Submit official transcripts via USPS.
- D - Request letters of academic reference from professors / teachers. Letters should be written on school/university letterhead and sent by teachers/professors directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via USPS or via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org;
- E - Students entering college in September 2017 must submit a copy of the letter of admission. Letters may be submitted via USPS or via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org. Admission letters are accepted through the scholarship notification date.
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Use documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents and arrange in chronological order. If documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not official documents and will not be accepted. Save all documents to one file named "PAC18-Last Name-First Name-ancestry" and upload to the application form;
- G - Submit a photo of yourself which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. Electronic photo may be uploaded to the on-line application. Save file as: "PAC18-Last Name-First Name-photo";
- H - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF and send via USPS. Please make your check or money order payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation.
Notes for Re-applicants:
- Students who are applying for scholarship renewal must update all materials since their last application submission. This includes an updated statement of purpose, official transcripts for the interim period through Summer 2016 (do not submit current Fall grades unless requested); two updated letters of reference; complete the on-line tuition scholarship application; and submit an updated financial information form;
- Submit Checklist and $35 non-refundable application fee;
- Renewal of scholarships are not guaranteed; candidates who are reapplying for funding are considered together with the new pool of applicants;
Notes for all P.A.C.N.J. applicants:
- The KF cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone.
- Do not staple check/money order to Checklist;
All P.A.C.N.J candidates must forward a copy of their completed checklist to: Anna Sokolski, PACNJ, PO Box 494, Paramus, NJ 07653
Send hard copy documents to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
Documents accepted via USPS include:
Transcripts, Letters of Recommendation, University Admission letters, Financial Information Form, $35 application fee and Checklist.
Documents accepted via e-mail include:
Recommendation letters - save file as "PAC18-Candidate's Last Name- First Name-Rec-Professor's Last Name";
University Admission letters - save file as "PAC18-Last Name -First Name-Admission";
Financial Information Form - save file as "PAC18-Last Name-First Name-FIF";
Deadline for application and supporting materials: January 17
Decision letters are sent on or about: May 25, 2017
Changes in contact information after submission of application materials may be forwarded via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org
ONLINE APPLICATION is OPEN
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- A passport sized full-faced photograph of yourself.
- Statement of purpose.
- Proof of Polish ancestry.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (optional).
The on-line application period will close after the deadline date. When the application period is closed send an e-mail to Addy@thekf.org and ask to be added to the Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship mailing list. The scholarship cycle will reopen in Fall 2017 for academic 2018/19. Be sure to include information that illustrates your eligibility (ex.: I am a member of PACNJ and am an undergraduate freshman. My GPA is 3.25). We will add your e-mail address to our list for one year and will send you an e-mail notification when the new application cycle is open.