The Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA Scholarship provides funding of $2,000 to a qualified undergraduate student for full-time studies at an accredited college or university in the United States. Scholarships will be awarded for academic year September 2015 - May 2016. The selection of the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA Scholarship winner is made on a competitive basis by the Kosciuszko Foundation.
Note: For more information on membership in Lodge #1903 of the Polish National Alliance please contact:
Home of the Alliance
176 Java Street
Brooklyn, NY 11222
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status in the US who are members in good standing of the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA, Lodge #1903 and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Only one member per immediate family may receive a tuition scholarship during any given academic year. This scholarship is non-renewable.
Selection is based on academic excellence, the applicant's academic achievements, interests, motivation, interest in Polish subjects and involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Completed Scholarship Application forms;
- B - Statement of Purpose;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two confidential Letters of Reference;
- E - College/university Letter of Acceptance;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Passport-size photo;
- H - $35 non-refundable application fee.
- A - Review the application here and prepare supporting materials (items B-essay, F-proof of Polish ancestry, G-photo, and the financial information form) prior to completing the on-line application form. Follow all file naming conventions posted. Complete the Tuition Scholarship application form and submit it on-line - see link at the bottom of this page. Submit your application fee with the checklist to the Kosciuszko Foundation.
- B - In the Statement of Purpose discuss your major, specialization and academic goals. A minimum of three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "PNA16" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Save your file as "PNA16-essay-lastname-first name" and upload it to the on-line application form.
- C -Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through Summer 2014; Submit official transcripts via US postal service. Please see below for address.
- D- Submit two confidential letters of academic reference from professors / teachers. Letters should be written on school/university letterhead and may be sent directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation;
- E - Submit a copy of your letter of acceptance to college. Letters may be submitted via US postal service or e-mail to Addy@thekf.org through May 29th;
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Upload supporting documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents. If documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not accepted;
- G - Submit a passport-size photo of yourself (2 inches x 2 inches) which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. Electronic photos may be uploaded to the on-line application. Save file as "PNA16-photo-lastname-firstname"
- H - Submit $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF. Please make your check or money order payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation.
- The KF cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone.
- Do not staple check to Checklist.
Submit materials to:
January 29, 2015 - Application, Financial Information Form, Statement of Purpose, photo, Proof of Polish descent and $35 non-refundable application fee with checklist.
January 29, 2015 - transcripts, Letters of Recommendation.
May 29, 2015 - copy of your college/university Letter of Acceptance.
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
Notification of results is made in writing on or about May 29, 2015.
A time-line for Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn Scholarships towards academic year 2015-2016 is available here.
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- A 2" by 2" passport sized full-faced photograph of yourself.
- Statement of purpose.
- Financial information form.
- Proof of Polish ancestry.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (optional).
When the on-line application period is closed, write to Addy@thekf.org and ask to be added to the P.N.A. Brooklyn, USA Scholarship mailing list for the next scholarship cycle. We will add your e-mail address to our list for one year. At the appropriate time, you will receive notification when the new application cycle is open. ____________________________________________________
Information below is posted for Kosciuszko Foundation's 2014-2015 scholarship recipients.
Click here to view a time-line of due dates for the 2014-2015 scholarships.