The Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA Scholarship provides funding of $2,000 to a qualified undergraduate student for full-time studies at an accredited college or university in the United States. Scholarships will be awarded for academic year September 2017 - May 2018. The selection of the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA Scholarship winner is made on a competitive basis by the Kosciuszko Foundation.
Note: For more information on membership in Lodge #1903 of the Polish National Alliance please contact:
Home of the Alliance
176 Java Street
Brooklyn, NY 11222
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status in the US who are members in good standing of the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA, Lodge #1903 and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Only one member per immediate family may receive a tuition scholarship during any given academic year. This scholarship is non-renewable.
Selection is based on academic excellence, the applicant's academic achievements, interests, motivation, interest in Polish subjects and involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Completed Scholarship Application Forms;
- B - Statement of Purpose;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two Letters of Reference;
- E - College/university Letter of Acceptance;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Passport-size photo;
- H - $35 non-refundable application fee.
- A - A copy of the application form appears here for review during the application period. Complete on-line application form which posts t the "Click Here to Apply" during the application period, see below.
- B - In the Statement of Purpose discuss your major, and academic and career goals. Your statement of purpose will be three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "PNA18" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Save your file as "PNA18-essay-Last Name-First Name" and upload it to the on-line application form.
- C -Submit official transcripts for three full years of academic work through Summer 2016; Submit official transcripts via US postal service.
- D- Submit two confidential letters of academic reference from professors / teachers. Letters must be written on school/university letterhead and may be sent by professors directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation;
- E - Students entering college in September 2017 must submit a copy of the letter of acceptance to college. Letters may be submitted via US postal service or e-mail to Addy@thekf.org through April 10th;
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Upload supporting documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents. If documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not accepted;
- G - Submit a passport photo of yourself which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. Electronic photos may be uploaded to the on-line application. Save file as "PNA18-photo-lastname-firstname"
- H - Submit $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF. Please make your check or money order payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation.
- The KF cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone.
- Do not staple check to Checklist.
Submit materials to:
January 5 - Application, supporting materials and application fee.
April 10 - copy of your college/university Letter of Admission.
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
Notification of results is made in writing on or about May 15, 2017.
THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
THE NEXT OPPORTUNITY TO APPLY WILL BE IN FALL 2016
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- A 2" by 2" passport sized full-faced photograph of yourself.
- Statement of purpose.
- Financial information form.
- Proof of Polish ancestry.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (optional).
When the on-line application period is closed, write to Addy@thekf.org and ask to be added to the P.N.A. Brooklyn, USA Scholarship mailing list. Be sure to include information that illustrates your eligibility. For example, indicate the city and state of residence, that you are an American of Polish descent, that you are a member of the PNA Group #1903 and that you expect to begin or continue undergraduate studies during academic year 2017-2018. We will add your e-mail address to our list for one year. At the appropriate time, you will receive notification when the new application cycle is open. ____________________________________________________