The Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA Scholarship provides funding of $2,000 to a qualified undergraduate student for full-time studies at an accredited college or university in the United States. Scholarships will be awarded for academic year September 2014 - May 2015. The selection of the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA Scholarship winner is made on a competitive basis by the Kosciuszko Foundation. For more information on membership in the Polish National Alliance Brooklyn, USA please call (718) 389-4704.
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status in the US who are members in good standing of the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA, Lodge #1903 and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Only one member per immediate family may receive a tuition scholarship during any given academic year. This scholarship is non-renewable.
Selection is based on academic excellence, the applicant's academic achievements, interests, motivation, interest in Polish subjects and involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Hard copies of the Scholarship Application forms are found here. Application forms include the Checklist, Tuition Scholarship Application, Financial Information Form; Outline of Polish Ancestry and Signature page. The Application may be completed and submitted on-line. See link at the bottom of this page. The on-line application will post to the bottom of this page on Dec. 7th;
- B - In the Statement of Purpose discuss your major, specialization and academic goals. A minimum of three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "2014-2015" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Do not staple pages;
- C -Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through Summer 2013;
- D- Submit two confidential letters of academic reference from professors / teachers. Letters should be written on university letterhead, submitted in a sealed envelope and may be sent directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation;
- E - Submit a copy of your letter of acceptance to graduate school. Letters may be submitted through May 31st;
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Complete the Outline of Polish Ancestry and attach supporting documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents. If documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not accepted;
- G - Submit a passport-size photo of yourself (2 inches x 2 inches) which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. Print your full name on the reverse side or your photo or e-mail and electronic photo to Addy@thekf.org. Please use the following file naming convention when submitting electronic photos: TU-15-photo-Last Name-First Name;
- H - Submit $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF. A hard copy of the Checklist is found with application forms above. Please make your check or money order payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation.
- The KF cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone.
- Faxed materials will not be accepted.
- Do not staple check to Checklist.
- Do not staple application forms.
- Do not staple essay pages.
Submit all materials to:
January 10, 2014 - Application, Financial Information Form, Statement of Purpose, Passport size photo, and $35 non-refundable application fee.
January 20, 2014 - transcripts, Letters of Recommendation, Outline of Polish Ancestry and supporting documents and optional items such as curriculum vitae/resume.
May 31, 2014 - copy of your college/university Letter of Acceptance.
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
Notification of results is made in writing on or about May 31, 2014.
A time-line for Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn Scholarships towards academic year 2014-2015 is available here.
To be added to the application mailing list for the P.N.A. Brooklyn, USA Scholarship please e-mail Addy@thekf.org
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- A 2" by 2" passport sized full-faced photograph of yourself.
- Statement of purpose.
- Financial information form.
- Proof of Polish ancestry.
- Acceptance letter from your institution.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (optional).
Information below is posted for Kosciuszko Foundation's 2013-2014 scholarship recipients.
Click here to view a time-line of due dates for the 2013-2014 scholarships.