Kosciuszko Foundation Tuition Scholarships support American students of Polish descent for graduate studies at colleges and universities in the United States. Scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $7,000 are awarded on a competitive basis for one academic year. Funding is for academic year September 2015 - May 2016.
All fields and majors are eligible for funding. In addition, dedicated funding is available for:
- law and engineering studies at DePaul University and non-public colleges and universities in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin;
- residents of New Jersey, preference for studies in nursing, teaching and business;
- residents of NY state for studies in medicine;
- residents of Amsterdam, NY; Chicopee, MA; and New Hampshire;
- residents of Connecticut, preference for residents of Fairfield and New Haven counties;
- students who evidence leadership, excellent written and verbal communication and participation in school and/or community activities;
- journalism; physical-chemical, biological and technical sciences; natural sciences; dentistry; applied sciences; medicine; music; humanities; social sciences; architecture; engineering; medical research; education; piano performance; violin performance; orchestral studies; law; art; fine arts; pharmacy; chemistry; accounting; business administration; banking; finance; Polish studies.
United States citizens and permanent residents of Polish descent who are beginning or continuing their graduate studies and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Scholarships are awarded for full-time studies only. Only one member per immediate family may receive a tuition scholarship during any given academic year. Applicants may re-apply. Awards are limited to only two tuition scholarships per individual during the period of his/her studies.
Selection is based on academic excellence, the applicant's academic achievements, interests and motivation, the applicant's interest in Polish subjects or involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Completed Scholarship Application Forms;
- B - Statement of Purpose;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two confidential Letters of Reference;
- E - Letter of Acceptance to graduate school;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Passport-size photo;
- H - $35 non-refundable application fee.
Notes for Re-applicants:
Notes for all applicants:
- The KF cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone.
- Do not staple check/money order to Checklist.
Attn: Addy Tymczyszyn
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
- Please send hard copy documents to:
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
January 9, 2015 - Application, Financial Information Form, Statement of Purpose, Passport sized Photo, optional items and $35 non-refundable application fee and checklist.
January 15, 2015 - Transcripts and letters of recommendation.
May 29, 2015 -copy of your Letter of Admission to Graduate School
Notification of results is made in writing on or about May 29, 2015.
A time-line for for academic year 2015-2016 is available here.
Applications and supporting materials are reviewed by the KF Scholarship Committee based on the materials submitted, the candidate's goals as presented in the Statement of Purpose. Changes in subject area which are made following scholarship notification may result in re-consideration or cancellation of the scholarship award.
Please forward changes in contact information via e-mail to:
ONLINE APPLICATION is currently open.
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- A 2" by 2" passport sized full-faced photograph of yourself.
- Statement of purpose.
- Financial information form.
- Proof of Polish ancestry.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (optional).
When the on-line application period is closed, write to Addy@thekf.org and ask to be added to the Tuition Scholarship mailing list. We will add your e-mail address to our list for one year. You will receive an e-mail notification when the new application cycle is open.
Information below is posted for Kosciuszko Foundation's 2014-2015 Tuition Scholarship recipients.
Click here to view a timeline of due dates for the 2014-2015 scholarship.