The Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship of $1,250 is awarded to a qualified resident of Massachusetts for second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies in the United States. Funding, which is awarded on a competitive basis, is for academic year September 2014-May 2015.
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status in the United States residing in Massachusetts who will be engaged in second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies during academic year 2014-2015. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Qualified residents of New England will be considered if no applicants from Massachusetts apply. This scholarship is non-renewable. Only one member per immediate family may receive a Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship during any given academic year.
Selection is based on academic excellence, the applicant's academic achievements, interests, motivation, interest in Polish subjects and involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Completed Scholarship Application Forms;
- B - Statement of Purpose;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two confidential Letters of Reference;
- E - Letter of Acceptance to college/university;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Passport-size photo;
- H - $35 non-refundable application fee.
- A - Hard copies of the Scholarship Application Forms are found here. They include the Checklist, Tuition Scholarship Application, Financial Information Form, Outline of Polish Ancestry and Signature page. The Application Form may be completed and submitted on-line. See link at the bottom of this page for the on-line application. On-line application will post during the week of Nov. 25th.
- B - In the Statement of Purpose discuss your major, specialization and academic goals for which you are requesting scholarship support. A minimum of three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "2014-2015" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Do not staple pages together;
- C - Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through Summer 2013;
- D - Submit two confidential letters of academic reference from professors / teachers. Letters should be written on university letterhead in a sealed envelope and may be sent directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation;
- E - Submit a copy of your letter of acceptance to college/university;
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Complete the Outline of Polish Ancestry and attach supporting documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents. If documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not accepted;
- G - Submit a passport-size photo of yourself (2 inches x 2 inches) which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. Print your full name on the reverse side of your photo or e-mail an electronic photo to Addy@thekf.org. Please use the following file naming convention when submitting electronic photos: "TU15-photo-Last Name-First Name" JPEG and PDF file extensions are accepted;
- H - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF. A hard copy of the Checklist is found with application forms above. Please make your check or money order payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation;
- The KF cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone;
- Faxed materials will not be accepted;
- Do not staple check to checklist.
- Do not staple application forms.
- Do not staple essay pages.
Submit all materials to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
January 7, 2014 - Application, Financial Form, Statement of Purpose, passport-size photo, and $35 non-refundable application fee.
January 15, 2014 - Transcripts, Letters of Recommendation, Outline of Polish Ancestry and supporting documents and optional items such as a curriculum vitae/resume.
May 31, 2014 - copy of your Letter of Admission to college/university.
Notification of results is made in writing on or about May 31, 2014.
A time-line for academic year 2014-2015 is available here.
To be added to the application mailing list for the M.F.P.W.C. Scholarship please e-mail Addy@thekf.org
Information below is posted for Kosciuszko Foundation's 2013-2014 scholarship recipients.
Click here to view a timeline of due dates for the 2013-2014 scholarship.