The Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarships provide funding of $500-$2,000 to qualified students for full-time undergraduate and graduate studies at accredited colleges and universities in the United States. Scholarships will be awarded for academic year September 2014-May 2015. The selection of Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship winners is made on a competitive basis by the Kosciuszko Foundation on behalf of the Polish American Club of North Jersey. This scholarship is renewable.
To learn more about the Polish American Club of North Jersey click here.
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status in the U.S. who are active member of the Polish American Club of North Jersey and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Children and grandchildren of Club members are eligible. Only one member per immediate family may receive a Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship during any given academic year.
Selection is based on academic excellence, the applicant's academic achievements, interests, motivation, interest in Polish subjects and involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Completed Scholarship Application Forms;
- B - Statement of Purpose;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two confidential Letters of Reference;
- E - Letter of Acceptance to college/university;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Passport-size photo:
- H - $35 non-refundable application fee.
- A - Hard copies of the Scholarship Application Forms are found here. They include the Checklist, Tuition Scholarship Application, Financial Information Form, Outline of Polish Ancestry and Signature page. The Application Form may be completed and submitted on-line. See link at the bottom of this page for the on-line application. The on-line application will post on the bottom of this page on Dec. 7th.
- B - In the statement of purpose discuss your major, specialization and academic goals for which you are requesting scholarship support. A minimum of three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "2014-2015" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Do not staple pages together;
- C - Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through Summer 2013;
- D - Submit two confidential letters of academic reference from professors / teachers. Letters should be written on school/university letterhead and submitted in a sealed envelope. Letters may be sent directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation;
- E - Submit a copy of your letter of acceptance to college/university. Letters are accepted through May 31st.
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. complete the Outline of Polish Ancestry and attach supporting documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents. If documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not accepted;
- G - Submit a passport-size photo of yourself (2 inches x 2 inches) which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. Print your full name on the reverse side of your photo or e-mail an electronic photo to Addy@thekf.org Please use the following file naming convention: TU15-photo-Last name-First name; JPEG and PDF file extensions are accepted.
- H - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF. A hard copy of the Checklist is found with application forms above. Please make your check or money order payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation.
Notes for Re-applicants:
- With the exception of photos and proof of Polish descent, scholarship re-applicants must update all materials since their last application submission. This includes an updated statement of purpose, official transcripts through Summer 2013 (do not submit transcripts for Fall 2013 unless requested).; two updated letters of reference; tuition scholarship application, financial information form; and Checklist;
- Submit updated materials with a $35 non-refundable application fee;
- Re-applicants are considered together with new applicants;
- Please see Notes above for additional information and file naming
- conventions or contact the Grants Department;
Notes for all P.A.C.N.J. applicants:
- The KF cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone.
- Faxed materials will not be accepted.
- Do not staple check/money order to Checklist;
- Do not staple application forms.
- Do not staple essay pages.
P.A.C.N.J candidates must forward a copy of the checklist to: Anna Sokolski, PACNJ, PO Box 494, Paramus, NJ 07653
Submit all materials to:
January 15, 2014 - application and supporting materials.
May 31, 2014 - copy of your Letter of Admission to college/university.
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
Notification of results is made in writing on or about May 31, 2014.
A time-line for academic year 2014-2015 is available here.
To be added to the application mailing list for the. P.A.C.N.J. Scholarship please e-mail Addy@thekf.org
Changes in contact information after submission of application materials may be forwarded via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- A 2" by 2" passport sized full-faced photograph of yourself.
- Statement of purpose.
- Financial information form.
- Proof of Polish ancestry.
- Acceptance letter from your institution.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (optional).
Information below is posted for Kosciuszko Foundation's 2013-2014 scholarship recipients.
Click here to view the timeline of due dates for the 2013-2014 scholarship.