The Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarships provide funding of $500-$2,000 to qualified students for full-time undergraduate and graduate studies at accredited colleges and universities in the United States. Scholarships will be awarded for academic year September 2013-May 2014. The selection of Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship winners is made by the Kosciuszko Foundation on behalf of the Polish American Club of North Jersey. This scholarship is renewable.
To learn more about the Polish American Club of North Jersey click here.
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status in the U.S. who are active member of the Polish American Club of North Jersey and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Children and grandchildren of Club members are eligible. Only one member per immediate family may receive a Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship during any given academic year.
Selection is based on academic excellence, the applicant's academic achievements, interests, motivation, interest in Polish subjects and involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
Submit a non-refundable application fee of $35 and the following materials:
- Completed checklist, Tuition Scholarship Application and Financial Information Form. Application forms will be available here through January 15, 2013;
- A statement of purpose - discuss your major, specialization and academic goals. A minimum of three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "2013-2014" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Do not staple pages;
- Two passport-size photos for publication purposes. Hard copy and electronic photos accepted (JPEG and PDF). Print your full name on the reverse sides of hard copies or e-mail photo to Addy@thekf.org. Please use the following file naming convention: TU14-photo-your last name-first name;
- Provide proof of Polish ancestry: use birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other documents to show the line of descent from the ancestor who was born in Poland to the applicant. Include this cover page to outline your Polish heritage. If documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not accepted;
- Official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through Summer 2012;
- Two confidential letters of academic reference from professors/teachers submitted on school/university letterhead, in a sealed envelope;
- College seniors: submit a copy of your graduate school acceptance letter. Letters are accepted through May 31st.
- Re-applicants to the program need not submit photos and proof of Polish descent.
- Faxed materials will not be accepted.
- Do not staple check to checklist.
- Do not staple application forms.
- Do not staple essay pages.
Submit all materials to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
Deadline date: received by January 15, 2013
Notification of results is made in writing on or about May 31, 2013. A time-line for Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarships towards academic year 2013-2014 is available here.
To be added to the application mailing list for the. P.A.C.N.J. Scholarship please e-mail Addy@thekf.org
Information below is posted for Kosciuszko Foundation's 2012-2013 scholarship recipients.
Click here to view the timeline of due dates for the 2012-2013 scholarship.