Virtual Gallery

The Kosciuszko Foundation is fortunate to own an extensive collection of artwork, compiled over the years through the generosity of its members and friends. The earliest identifiable materials were books, journals, and prints; a collection of glass magic lantern slides of Poland exists from this period as well as scrapbooks detailing Polish academic life from the interwar period. The status of the collection from this period is of a purely educational nature with material of many disciplines compiled to inform the American public about Poland. These materials included maps, posters, fine art prints, and photographs. Some of these items were sent directly from Poland and some were gifts from early scholars.

photo
Woman in a Blue Dress
Artist: Olga Boznanska (1865-1940)
Oil on cardboard
38 x 28 inches
Signed: Olga Boznanska, ca. 1918
Donated by Mr. & Mrs. Alexander R. Koproski, 1977
Conserved thanks to the generous grant from 
the Ministry of Culture & National Heritage of Poland
photo

The blessing of the Waters among the Hutzuls
Artist: Teodor Axentowicz (1859-1938)
Oil on canvas
101 x 130 inches
Unsigned, undated

photo

Spring and Winter
Artist: Teodor Axentowicz (1859-1938)
Pastel on cardboard
20 x 27inches
Signed lower right ca. 1910
Donated by Drs. Jan and Irene Dobrowolski, 1994.

photo

Portrait of a Lady
Artist: Wladyslaw Bakalowicz (1833-1903)
Oil on wood
12 x 9 inches
Signed: Bakalowicz Paris, undated

photo

Before the Storm
Artist: Wladyslaw Teodor Benda (1873-1948)
Oil on canvas
64 x 37 inches
Signed: W.T. Benda, ca. 1915
Donated by Mr. & Mrs. John J. Soklowski, 1952

photo

Polish Dance, Krakowiak
Artist: Wladyslaw Teodor Benda (1873-1948)
Pastel and colored crayon on cardboard
25 x 40 inches
Signed: W.T. Benda, ca. 1930
Donated by the artist

photo

Highlander Dance
Artist: Wladyslaw Teodor Benda (1873-1948)
Paste on cardboard
25 x 30 inches
Signed: W.T. Benda, ca. 1940
Donated by the artist

photo

Woman in a Blue Dress
Artist: Olga Boznanska (1865-1940)
Oil on cardboard
38 x 28 inches
Signed: Olga Boznanska, ca. 1918
Donated by Mr. & Mrs. Alexander R. Koproski, 1977