The Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship of $1,250 is awarded on a competitive basis to a qualified resident of Massachusetts for second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies in the United States. Funding is for full-time studies during academic year Fall 2020 - Spring 2021.
United States citizens of Polish descent and legal US permanent residents (green card holders) of Polish descent residing in Massachusetts who will be engaged in second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies during academic year Fall 2020-Spring 2021. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Qualified residents of New England will be considered if no applicants from Massachusetts apply. This scholarship is non-renewable. In other words, a candidate may receive this scholarship one time. Only one member per immediate family may receive a Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship during a given academic year.
Selection is based on application completeness, the recommendations of professors/teachers, the applicant's academic excellence, achievements, interests, motivation, the applicant's essay (statement of purpose), and interest in Polish subjects or involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Scholarship Application and Financial Information Form;
- B - Statement of Purpose/essay;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two Letters of Recommendation;
- E - Admission letter, if applicable;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Photo;
- H - Curriculum Vitae;
- I - $35 non-refundable application fee and Checklist.
Explanation of Required Documents/Instructions:
- A - Complete the on-line application form found at the "Click Here to Apply" button found below. (A sample of application questions is posted in A above.) Complete the Financial Information Form and save it as "MF21-Last name-First name-FIF". Submit the form via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org or send a hard copy to the Grants Department via USPS. The Financial Information Form are available at A above when the application period is open.
- B - Submit a Statement of Purpose. In the Statement of Purpose/essay discuss your educational goals/direction/major, and your academic and career goals. Your statement of purpose will be three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "MF20" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Save your file as "MF21-Last name-First name-essay" and upload it to your application form;
- C - Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through the most recent summer semester. Submit official transcripts via USPS.
- D - Submit two letters of recommendation. Request letters of academic reference from two professors /teachers with whom you have studied recently. Recommendation letters must be written on university/school letterhead and sent by professors/teachers directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via USPS OR via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org. Please ask professors to save their reference letters as "MF21-Candidate's Last name-First name-LOR-Prof's Last name";
- E - This requirement is for students who are entering college. Submit a copy of your admission letter via USPS or via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org. If submitting via e-mail, please save your file as "MF21-Last name-First name-admisson-University initials". Admission letters are accepted through May 31st, however, earlier submissions are appreciated;
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Use documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents and arrange in chronological order. Save all your documents to one file and save it as "MF21-Last name-First name-heritage". Upload it to the application form. One line of descent is sufficient to prove Polish descent. If the above described documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not official documents and will not be accepted;
- G - Submit a photo of yourself, which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. A passport style photo is suggested (2 inches x 2 inches). Save your photo as "MF21-Last Name-First Name-photo" and upload the file to the on-line application form;
- H - Submit your Curriculum Vitae (academic resume including awards, achievements, participation in clubs/activities/Polish clubs, etc.) Save your file as "MF21-Last Name-First name-CV" and upload it to the on-line application form;
- I - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF via USPS. Check and money orders made payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation are the only acceptable forms of payment.
Additional Notes for All Applicants:
Documents to submit on-line:
A1- Application form
B- Personal Statement/Essay
F- Proof of Polish descent
H- Curriculum Vitae
- Prior to applying on-line, prepare your supporting documents and save them according to the file names suggested.
- Set aside enough time to complete the on-line form in one session - you will not be able to save your answers and return to the form later.
- A successful submission is indicated by a circle with a green check-mark.
- Applications are reviewed in the order received. If questions arise during the review process, an e-mail will be sent to the candidate. It is the candidate's responsibility to respond to questions.
- The candidate is responsible for understanding the requirements and submitting the required documents. If you have questions about the application, please call Addy at (212) 734-2130 ext 412.
- If you wish to receive confirmation of receipt of supporting materials include a self addressed post card. On the reverse side of the postcard include wording regarding KF's receipt of all supporting materials. We will sign and return the postcard to you when all materials have been received.
- If you are experiencing technical issues with submission, please send us an e-mail with details concerning the difficulty or call (212) 734-2130 ext 412 during business hours.
- Do not staple check/money order to checklist.
Documents to submit via USPS or e-mail:
A2- Financial Information Form
C- Official Transcripts
D- Letters of Recommendation
E- College admission letters
I- $35 application fee and checklist
Submit hard copy materials to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Questions: Addy (212) 734-2130 ext. 412
Application Deadline: January 15
Scholarship Notification Letters: June
Please send changes in address and other contact information via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org
THE ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN SOON
A green check mark within a circle indicates that your application has been successfully submitted.
Links to the application, financial information form and checklist are live from late Fall through the deadline date.
When the application period is closed e-mail us and ask to be added to the Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship (MFPWC Scholarship) mailing list. Include information that clearly illustrates your eligibility for this scholarship, for example: I am an American of Polish descent and a resident of Boston, MA. I am currently an undergraduate junior with a GPA of 3.2.
We will add your e-mail address to our notification list for one year. Notification will be sent when the new application has posted and the scholarship application period has begun. Please add Addy@thekf.org to your address book/white list/safe senders list to insure that the notification is not directed to your Spam folder.