The Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship of $1,250 is awarded on a competitive basis to a qualified resident of Massachusetts for second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies in the United States. Funding is for full-time studies during academic year Fall 2019 - Spring 2020.
United States citizens of Polish descent and legal US permanent residents (green card holders) of Polish descent residing in Massachusetts who will be engaged in second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies during academic year Fall 2019-Spring 2020. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Qualified residents of New England will be considered if no applicants from Massachusetts apply. This scholarship is non-renewable; a candidate may receive this scholarship one time. Only one member per immediate family may receive a Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship during a given academic year.
Selection is based on application completeness, recommendation of professors, academic excellence and achievements, applicant's interests and motivation, the applicant's essay, interest in Polish subjects or involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Scholarship Application and Financial Information Form;
- B - Statement of Purpose/essay;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two Letters of Reference;
- E - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- F - Passport-size photo;
- G - Curriculum Vitae;
- H - $35 non-refundable application fee and Checklist.
Notes and Instructions:
- A - Complete the on-line application form found at the "Click Here to Apply" button found below. Complete the Financial Information Form and save it as "MF20-Last name-First name-FIF". Submit the form via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org or send a hard copy to the Grants Department via USPS. A sample application and the Financial Information Form are available at A above when the application period is open.
- B - Submit a Statement of Purpose. In the Statement of Purpose/essay discuss your major, and your academic and career goals. Your statement of purpose will be three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "MF20" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Save your file as "MF20-Last name-First name-essay" and upload it to your application form;
- C - Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through the most recent summer semester. Submit official transcripts via USPS.
- D - Submit two letters of reference. Request letters of academic reference from two professors with whom you have studied recently. Recommendation letters must be written on university letterhead and sent by professors directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via USPS OR via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org. Please ask professors to save their reference letters as "MF20-Candidate's Last name-First name-LOR-Prof's Last name";
- E - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Use documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents and arrange in chronological order. Save all your documents to one file. Save the file as "MF20-Last name-First name-heritage" and upload it to the application form. One line of descent is sufficient to prove Polish descent. If the above described documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not official documents and will not be accepted;
- F - Submit a photo of yourself, which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. A passport style photo is suggested. Save your photo as "MF20-Last Name-First Name-photo" and upload the file to the on-line application form;
- G - Submit your Curriculum Vitae. Save your file as "MF20-Last Name-First name-CV" and upload it to the on-line application form;
- H - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist found at I above to the KF via USPS. Check and money orders made payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation are acceptable forms of payment;
Additional Notes for All Applicants:
- Prior to applying on-line, prepare your supporting documents and save them according to the file names suggested.
- The on-line form must be completed in one session.
- A successful submission is indicated by a circle with a green check-mark.
- Applications are reviewed in the order received. If items are missing or if questions arise during the review process, an e-mail will be sent to the candidate. It is the candidate's responsibility to follow up on missing items and to respond to questions.
- The candidate is responsible for understanding the requirements and submitting the required documents.
- Please do not call/e-mail for confirmation of materials; we will contact you if documents are needed.
- Do not staple check/money order to checklist.
Submit hard copy materials to:
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Documents to submit on-line: Application form, Personal Statement/Essay, Proof of Polish descent, photo, C.V.
Documents accepted via USPS include: Financial Information Form, official transcripts, letters of recommendation, admission letters, $35 application fee and checklist.
Documents accepted via e-mail include: Financial Information Forms, letters of recommendation, admission letters.
Scholarship Deadline: January 15
Scholarship Notification: Decision letters sent July 17.
THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS CLOSED
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- Statement of Purpose/essay.
- Proof of Polish heritage.
- Curriculum Vitae.
Links to the application, financial information form and checklist are live from late Fall through the deadline date.
When the application period is closed send an e-mail to the Scholarship and Grant Officer and ask to be added to the Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship (MFPWC) mailing list. Be sure to include information that illustrates your eligibility for this scholarship, for example: I am an American of Polish descent and a resident of Boston, MA. I am currently an undergraduate student in my sophomore year of studies with a GPA of 3.2. Please add me to the MFPWCS mailing list. We will add your e-mail address to our notification list for one year and will send you an e-mail notification when the new application has posted and the scholarship application period has begun.