The Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship of $1,250 is awarded on a competitive basis to a qualified resident of Massachusetts for second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies in the United States. Funding is for full-time studies during academic year Fall 2020 - Spring 2021.
United States citizens of Polish descent and legal permanent residents of the United States (green card holders) who are of Polish descent and are residents of Massachusetts. Eligible candidates will be engaged in second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies during academic year Fall 2020-Spring 2021. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required. Qualified residents of New England will be considered if no applicants from Massachusetts apply. This scholarship is non-renewable. In other words, a candidate may receive this scholarship one time. Only one member per immediate family may receive a Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship during a given academic year.
Selection is based on application completeness, the recommendations of professors and teachers, academic excellence, achievements, interests, motivation, the applicant's essay (statement of purpose), interest in Polish subjects or involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A1 & A2 - Scholarship Application and Financial Information Form;
- B - Statement of Purpose/essay;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two Letters of Recommendation;
- E - Proof of Polish Ancestry
- F - Photo;
- G - Curriculum Vitae;
- H - $35 non-refundable application fee and Checklist.
Notes Regarding Supporting Documents:
- A1 - Apply at the "Click Here to Apply" button found below.
- A2 - Submit your completed Financial Information Form.
- B - Submit a Statement of Purpose. Discuss your major, and academic and career goals. Your statement of purpose will be three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "MF21" and page numbers on each page of your statement.
- C - Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through the most recent summer semester. Applicants will need to submit high school transcripts in addition to undergraduate transcripts to show three years of academics.
- D - Submit two letters of recommendation. Letters may be from two professors or teachers with whom you have studied recently. Letters must be written on university or school letterhead and sent by professors and teachers directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via USPS or via e-mail. Please ask professors and teachers to save their reference letters as "MF21-Candidate's Last name-First name-LOR-Prof's Last name";
- E - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Use copies of documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to trace your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names and arrange documents in chronological order. Save all your documents to one file and save the file using the file naming convention listed below. One line of descent is sufficient to prove Polish descent. If the above described documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not official documents and will not be accepted;
- F - Submit a photo of yourself, which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. A passport style photo is suggested (2 inches x 2 inches);
- G - Submit your Curriculum Vitae. Include awards, achievements, participation in clubs, activities, Polish clubs, etc.;
- H - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF via USPS. Check and money orders made payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation are the only acceptable forms of payment.
Additional Notes :
Documents to submit on-line:
A1- Application form
B- Personal Statement/Essay
E- Proof of Polish descent
G- Curriculum Vitae
- Prepare your supporting documents prior to applying on-line (essay, proof of ancestry, photo, CV). Permanent residents and naturalized citizens are advised to have green card numbers and Naturalization certificate numbers on hand when applying.
- Save all documents using the following file naming convention: MF21-Your Last Name-Your First Name-description of item. Descriptions may include FIF (financial information form) or Financial Info, Essay, Admission-BU (include university initials), Heritage or Ancestry, Photo, CV and similar descriptive terms. Ask professors and teachers to save their recommendation letters as MF21-Candidates's Last Name-First Name-LOR-Prof's Last name.
- Set aside enough time to complete the on-line form in one session. You will not be able to save your answers and return to complete the form at a later time.
- Applications are reviewed for completeness in the order received. If questions arise regarding your submission, we will contact you via e-mail. Please respond promptly.
- If you have questions about the application, requirements or the application procedure, or if you experience technical issues with submitting your 0n-line application, please call Addy at (212) 734-2130 ext 412 during business hours.
- The Foundation cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone. If you wish to receive confirmation of receipt of supporting materials include a self addressed stamped post card with your hard copy supporting materials. On the reverse side of the postcard provide an itemized list for our confirmation. We will sign and return the postcard to you with checked off items when all materials have been received.
- Apply only once - we will also consider you for any KF tuition scholarship for which you qualify.
- Do not staple check/money order to checklist.
Documents to submit via USPS or e-mail:
A2- Financial Information Form
C- Official Transcripts
D- Letters of Recommendation
H- $35 application fee and checklist
Submit hard copy materials to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Questions: Addy (212) 734-2130 ext. 412
Application Deadline: January 15
Scholarship Notification Letters: June
Please send changes in address and other contact information via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org
THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS OPEN.
A green check mark within a circle indicates that your application has been successfully submitted.
When the application period is closed e-mail us and ask to be added to the Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship (MFPWC Scholarship) mailing list. Include information that clearly illustrates your eligibility for this scholarship, for example: I am an American of Polish descent and a resident of Boston, MA. I am currently an undergraduate junior with a GPA of 3.2.
We will add your e-mail address to our notification list for one year. Notification will be sent when the new application has posted and the scholarship application period has begun. Please add Addy@thekf.org to your address book/white list/safe senders list to insure that the notification is not directed to your Spam folder.