The Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship of $1,250 is awarded to a qualified resident of Massachusetts for second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies in the United States. Funding is for full-time studies during academic year September 2018-May 2019. KF scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis.
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status (green card holders) in the United States residing in Massachusetts who will be engaged in second, third or fourth year of undergraduate studies during academic year 2018-2019. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Qualified residents of New England will be considered if no applicants from Massachusetts apply. This scholarship is non-renewable. Only one member per immediate family may receive a Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship during an academic year.
Selection is based on application completeness, recommendation of teachers and professors, academic excellence and achievements, applicant's interests and motivation, the applicant's essay, interest in Polish subjects or involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
Notes and Instructions:
- A - Preview the sample application form at the link found above before you apply. Prepare your supporting documents in advance and save them according to the file naming conventions suggested. Complete the application found at the "Click Here to Apply" button found below and upload your supporting files. Complete the Financial Information Form, save it as "MF19-Last name-First name-FIF". Submit the form via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org or send a hard copy to the Grants Department via USPS;
- B - In the Statement of Purpose/essay discuss your major, and academic and career goals. Your statement of purpose will be three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "MF19" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Save your file as "MF19-Last name-First name-essay" and upload it to your application form;
- C - Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through the most recent summer semester. Submit official transcripts via USPS.
- D - Request letters of academic reference from two teachers you have studied with recently. Recommendation letters must be written on school/university letterhead and may be sent by professors directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via USPS or via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org. Please save the file as "MF19-Candidate's Last name-First name-LOR-Prof's Last name";
- E - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Use documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents and arrange in chronological order. If documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not official documents and will not be accepted. Save all documents to one file. Save the document as "MF19-Last name-First name-heritage" and upload the file to the application form. One line of descent is sufficient to prove Polish descent;
- F - Submit a photo of yourself, which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. Save your photo as "MF19-Last Name-First Name-photo" and upload the file to the on-line application form;
- G - Upload your Curriculum Vitae. Save your file as "MF19-Last Name-First name-CV;
- H - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF via USPS. Please make your check or money order payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation;
- You will receive an electronic confirmation upon application submission.
- Do not staple check/money order to checklist.
Submit hard copy materials to:
Documents accepted via USPS include:
Transcripts, Letters of Recommendation, Financial Information Form, $35 application fee and checklist.
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
Documents accepted via e-mail include:
Letters of Recommendation, Financial Information Form, proof of Polish heritage.
Deadline for application and supporting materials: January 22
Decision letters are sent in May.
THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS OPEN
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- A small photo of yourself (head shot) suitable for publication.
- Statement of purpose.
- Proof of Polish ancestry.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
Links to the application, financial information form and checklist are live from late Fall through the deadline date.
When the application period is closed send an e-mail to Addy@thekf.org and ask to be added to the Massachusetts Federation of Polish Women's Clubs Scholarship (MFPWC) mailing list. The scholarship cycle will re-open in Fall 2018 for academic year Fall 2019/Spring 2020. Be sure to include information that illustrates your eligibility (ex.: American of Polish descent/green card holder of Polish descent); your city and state of residence (ex.: Boston, MA); your current educational level (ex.: undergraduate sophomore) and your GPA (ex.: 3.2 GPA). We will add your e-mail address to our list for one year and will send you an e-mail notification when the new application cycle is open.