The Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarships are awarded to qualified members of the Polish American Club of North Jersey. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis by the Kosciuszko Foundation on behalf of the PACNJ for the Fall 2021/Spring 2022 academic year. Scholarships are awarded only for full-time studies in the United States. Scholarships are renewable, however, students must reapply for funding.
For more information about membership in the Polish American Club of North Jersey and its activities, please contact:
Barbara Kaczor (973) 226-1320 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant must :
- be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the US
- be of Polish descent;
- be an active member of the Polish American Club of North Jersey (minimum 2 years);
- and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Children and grandchildren of Club members are eligible.
- Only one member per immediate family may receive a Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship during any given academic year.
Selection is based on application completeness, recommendations of professors/teachers, academic excellence, achievements, interests, motivation, the applicant's essay (statement of purpose), interest in Polish subjects or involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Scholarship Application (A1) and Financial Information Form (A2)
- B - Statement of Purpose/essay
- C - Official Transcripts
- D - Two Letters of Recommendation
- E - Letter of Admission, if applicable
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry
- G - Photo
- H - Curriculum Vitae
- I - $35 non-refundable application fee with Checklist
Notes Regarding Supporting Documents:
- A1 - Complete the on-line application form at the "Click Here to Apply" button found below.
- A2 - Submit a completed Financial Information Form (Pages 1 and 2). Candidates entering college please include budgetary figures for the top three schools you are most likely to attend (Page 2).
- B - Submit a statement of purpose. Discuss your major, and your academic and career goals. Your statement will be three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "PAC21" and page numbers on each page of your statement.
- C - Submit official transcripts for your most recent years of studies (3 years are required). For example, a current junior in college is required to submit official transcripts for their college freshman and sophomore years plus senior year of high school (2 years of undergraduate studies + 1 year high school).
- An official transcript is one that is sent by the university or school directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation. An official transcript is usually printed on official transcript paper and bears the embossed or raised seal of the university or school as well as the date and the Registrar's signature. Official transcripts are usually sent in a sealed envelope and include the registrar's signature stamped across the seal of the envelope.
- The Foundation can accept a hard copy transcript from a student/candidate only when the official transcript remains in the unopened, sealed envelope.
- Electronic transcripts are accepted and are considered official if delivered securely through an organization authorized by your university and e-mailed directly to the Foundation. The Foundation has accepted electronic transcripts from Transcript Network by Credentials Solutions, LLC; Transcript Services at Parchment; Credentials eScrip-Safe and from the National Student Clearinghouse.
- D - Submit two letters of recommendation. Letters may be from professors or teachers with whom you have studied recently. Letters must be written on university or school letterhead and sent by professors or teachers directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via USPS or via e-mail. Please ask your professors to save their letters as, "PAC21-Candidate's Last name-First name-LOR-Prof's Last name";
- E - Submit a copy of your college admission letter. This requirement is only for students who are entering college. College admission letters are accepted through May 31st;
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Use copies of documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to trace your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names and arrange in chronological order. Save all your documents to one file using the file naming convention listed below. One line of descent is sufficient to prove Polish descent. If the above described documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not official documents and will not be accepted;
- G - Submit a photo of yourself which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. A passport style photo is suggested (2 inches x 2 inches);
- H - Submit your Curriculm Vitae. Include awards, achievements, participation in clubs, activities, Polish clubs, etc.;
- I - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF via USPS. Check and money orders made payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation are the only acceptable forms of payment.
Notes for Re-applicants:
- Students who are re-applying for scholarship funding are considered together with new applicants and will be competing for scholarship funding against a new pool of candidates. Students who are reapplying must update all items except proof of Polish heritage. This includes submitting a new application form, updated financial information form, essay describing your academic progress or classes you have taken, recent or new activities such as internships, volunteer programs or new directions and developments in your studies, official transcripts for the interim period through the most recent summer semester (do not submit current Fall grades unless requested), two updated letters of recommendation, photo, an updated CV, application fee and checklist.
Additional Notes for All P.A.C.N.J. Applicants:
- Prepare your supporting documents prior to applying on-line (essay, proof of ancestry, photo, CV). Permanent residents and naturalized citizens are advised to have green card numbers and Naturalization certificate numbers on hand when applying.
- Save all documents using the following file naming convention: PAC21-Your Last Name-Your First Name-descriptio of item. Descriptions may include FIF (financial information form), Financial Info, Essay, Admission-SHU (include university initials), Heritage, Ancestry, Photo, CV and similar descriptive terms. Ask professors and teachers to save their recommendation letters as PAC21-Candidate's Last name-First name-LOR-Prof's Last name.
- Set aside enough time to complete the on-line application form in one session. You will not be able to save your answers and return to complete the form at a later time;
- Applications are reviewed for completeness in the order received. If questions arise regarding your submission, we will contact you via e-mail. Please respond promptly;
- If you have questions about the application, requirements, the application procedure, or if you experience technical issues with submitting the on-line application, please call Addy (212) 734-2130 ext. 412 during business hours;
- The Foundation cannot confirm receipt of your application materials by phone. If you wish to receive confirmation of receipt of supporting materials include a self addressed stamped postcard with your hard copy supporting materials. On the reverse side of the postcard provide an itemized list for our confirmation. We will sign and return the postcard to you with checked off items when all your materials have been received;
- Apply only once - we will also consider you for any KF tuition scholarship for which you qualify.
- Do not staple check/money order to Checklist;
All P.A.C.N.J candidates must forward a copy of their completed checklist to: Barbara Kaczor, PACNJ, PO Box 494, Paramus, NJ 07653
Documents to submit on-line:
A1- Application form
B- Personal Statement/Essay
F- Proof of Polish descent
H- Curriculum Vitae
Documents to submit via USPS or e-mail:
A2- Financial Information Form
C- Official Transcripts
D- Letters of Recommendation
E- College admission letters
I- $35 application fee and checklist
Send hard copy documents to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Questions: Addy (212) 734-2130 ext. 412
Application Deadline: January 15
Scholarship Notification Letters: June
Please send changes in address and other contact information via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org
the ONLINE APPLICATION IS closed
When the application period is closed e-mail us and ask to be added to the Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship mailing list. Include information that clearly illustrates your eligibility for this scholarship, for example: My parents are members of PACNJ. My current GPA is 3.25 and I will be entering college in the Fall of 2020.
We will add your e-mail address to our notification list for one year. Notification will be sent when the new application has posted and the scholarship application period has begun. Please add Addy@thekf.org to your address book/white list/safe senders list to insure that the notification is not directed to your Spam folder.