The Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarships are awarded to qualified members of the Polish American Club of North Jersey. Scholarship amount varies. Awards are made by the Kosciuszko Foundation on behalf of the PACNJ. Funding is only for full-time studies in the United States.
Note: For more information about membership in the Polish American Club of North Jersey and its activities, please contact:
Phone: (973) 226-1320
- citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States
- must be of Polish descent;
- be a graduating high school senior or
- a college freshman, sophomore, or junior at the time of application;
- must be an active member of the Polish American Club of North Jersey (minimum 2 years);
- and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Children and grandchildren of Club members are eligible.
Only one member per immediate family may receive a Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship during any given academic year. Scholarships are renewable, however, students must reapply for funding.
Selection is based on application completeness, the recommendations of teachers and professors, academic excellence and achievements, applicant's interests, motivation, the applicant's essay, interest in Polish subjects or involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Scholarship Application (A1) and Financial Information Form (A2)
- B - Statement of Purpose/Essay
- C - Letter of Admission/Acceptance, if applicable
- D - Proof of Polish Ancestry
- E - Photo
- F - Curriculum Vitae
- G - Official Transcripts
- H- Two Letters of Recommendation
- I - $40 non-refundable application fee
Notes Regarding Supporting Documents:
- A - See the Click Here to Apply button below for application forms. Submit a completed Financial Information Form (Pages 1 and 2).
- B - Submit a Statement of Purpose. In your statement of purpose discuss your major, relevant academic and extracurricular activities as well as your short and long term goals. Your statement will be up three pages long, double spaced. Include your full name and page numbers on each page of your statement.
- C -Submit Letter of Admission/Acceptance. This supporting document is required for students who are beginning their undergraduate studies during academic year Fall 2023/Spring 2024. Save your file as "Last name-First name-Admission-university initials". If you have not received an acceptance letter by the Kosciuszko Foundation's scholarship deadline date, please send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your admission letters will be accepted through May 31st, 2023.
- D- Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Use copies of documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to trace your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names and arrange documents in chronological order. Save all your documents to one file and save the file according to the file naming convention listed below. One line of descent is needed to prove Polish descent. If the above described documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not official documents and will not be accepted;
- E - Submit a photo of yourself, which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. A passport style photo (headshot) is suggested;
- F - Submit your Curriculum Vitae. Include awards, achievements, participation in clubs, activities, Polish clubs, etc.;
- G - Submit official transcripts of studies. 2 academic years are required (through Summer 2021), for example, a current college junior is required to submit official transcripts for their sophomore year plus senior year of high school (1 year of undergraduate studies + 1 year of high school studies).
- An official transcript is one that is sent by the university or school directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation. An official transcript is usually printed on official transcript paper and bears the embossed or raised seal of the university or school as well as the date and the registrar's signature. Official transcripts are usually sent in a sealed envelope and include the registrar's signature stamped across the seal of the envelope.
- Transcripts will NOT be accepted from students.
- Electronic transcripts are accepted and are considered official if delivered securely through an organization authorized by your university and e-mailed directly to the Foundation. The Foundation accepts electronic transcripts from Transcript Network by Credentials Solutions; Transcript Services at Parchment; Credentials eScrip-Safe and from the National Student Clearinghouse.
- H - Two confidential letters of recommendation are required. Letters must be written on university letterhead and come directly from professors or teachers with whom you have studied recently. The Foundation can accept letters via USPS or e-mail, however, recommendation letters must come directly from the professor or school office. Recommendation letters will NOT be accepted from the student. A non-academic letter of recommendation will be accepted as an optional 3rd letter of support. The optional letter may be submitted by an employer or supervisor, leader or officer of an organization with whom you are affiliated or other person who can speak to relevant activities, abilities and or suitability for scholarship funding. Recommenders who wish to submit letters via e-mail are asked to save their documents as Candidate's Last Name-First Name-LOR-Prof's Last name;
- I - Submit the $40 non-refundable application. Checks and money orders made payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation.
Prepare the following before you apply on-line :
- your essay, proof of ancestry, photo, CV
- green card and naturalization certificate numbers (non-citizens)
- high school and college start and end dates, degrees/expected degrees, graduation dates/expected dates of graduation
Additional notes :
- Use the following file naming conventions for all supporting documents : Your Last Name-Your First Name-Description of File Contents. Descriptions may include Financial Information Form (FIF); Financial Info; Essay; Heritage; Ancestry; Photo; CV and similar descriptive terms.
- Acceptable file formats for documents include .doc, .docx, and .pdf
- Acceptable file formats for photos include .png, .jpg, and .jpeg
- If you feel that you qualify for more than one of our scholarships, include a note with your checklist and inform us of the scholarships for which you'd like to be considered. Apply only once - we will consider you for any Kosciuszko Foundation scholarships for which you qualify.
- We will contact you via e-mail or phone if questions arise or if clarification is needed - please respond promptly.
- Incomplete application will not receive consideration.
- Do not staple check/money order to Checklist.
- Set aside enough time to complete the on-line application form without taking a break. You will not be able to save your answers and return to complete the form at a later time.
Documents to submit on-line:
A1- Application form
B- Personal Statement/Essay
E- Proof of Polish descent
G- Curriculum Vitae
Documents accepted via USPS and e-mail
(do not duplicate efforts) :
A2- Financial Information Form
C- Official Transcripts
D- Letters of Recommendation
Send hard copy documents to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Submit questions and supporting materials to:
Phone: (212) 734-2130 ext. 412
Application Deadline for academic year Fall 2023/Spring 2024:
Scholarship Notification Letters for academic year Fall 2023/Spring 2024 : will be sent in June 2023
Application Form (A1):
A green check mark within a circle indicates that your on-line application form (A1) has been successfully submitted.
When the application period is closed e-mail us and ask to be added to the Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship mailing list. Include information that clearly illustrates your eligibility for this scholarship, for example: My parents are members of PACNJ. My current GPA is 3.25 and I will be entering college in the Fall of 2023.
We will add your e-mail address to our notification list for one year. Notification will be sent when the new application has posted and the scholarship application period has begun. Please add email@example.com to your address book/white list/safe senders list to insure that the notification is not directed to your Spam folder.