The Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarships provide funding to qualified students for full-time undergraduate studies at accredited colleges and universities in the United States. Scholarship amount varies. Scholarships will be awarded for academic year September 2020-May 2021. The selection of Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship winners is made on a competitive basis by the Kosciuszko Foundation on behalf of the Polish American Club of North Jersey. Scholarships are renewable - students may reapply for funding.
For more information about membership in the Polish American Club of North Jersey and its activities, please contact:
Barbara Kaczor (973) 226-1320 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant must :
- be a United States citizen of Polish descent or a Polish citizen with permanent residency status in the U.S.;
- be an active member (minimum: 2 years) of the Polish American Club of North Jersey;
- and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Children and grandchildren of Club members are eligible.
- Only one member per immediate family may receive a Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship during a given academic year.
Selection is based on application completeness, recommendations, academic excellence and achievements, interests and motivation, the applicant's essay, interest in Polish subjects or involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A1 & A2 - Scholarship Application and Financial Information Form;
- B - Statement of Purpose/essay;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two confidential Letters of Reference;
- E - Letter of Admission, if applicable;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Passport-size photo;
- H - Curriculum Vitae;
- I - $35 non-refundable application fee and Checklist.
Notes Regarding Supporting Documents:
- A1 - Complete the on-line application form at the "Click Here to Apply" button found below.
- A2 - Submit a completed Financial Information Form.
- B - Submit a statement of purpose. Discuss your major, and your academic and career goals. Your statement will be three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "PAC21" and page numbers on each page of your statement.
- C - Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through the most recent Summer semester. Some applicants will need to submit high school transcripts in addition to undergraduate transcripts in order to show three years of academic work.
- D - Submit two letters of reference. Letters of academic reference may be from professors or teachers with whom you have studied recently. Letters must be written on university or school letterhead and sent by professors or teachers directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via USPS or via e-mail. Please ask your professors to save their reference letters as, "PAC21-Candidate's Last name-First name-LOR-Prof's Last name";
- E - Submit a copy of your college admission letter. This requirement is only for students who are entering college. College admission letters are accepted through May 31st;
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Use copies of documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to trace your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names and arrange in chronological order. Save all your documents to one file using the file naming convention listed below. One line of descent is sufficient to prove Polish descent. If the above described documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not official documents and will not be accepted;
- G - Submit a photo of yourself which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. A passport style photo is suggested (2 inches x 2 inches);
- H - Submit your Curriculm Vitae. Include awards, achievements, participation in clubs, activities, Polish clubs, etc.;
- I - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF and send via USPS. Check and money orders made payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation are the only acceptable forms of payment.
Notes for Re-applicants:
- Students who are re-applying for scholarship funding are considered together with new applicants and will be competing for scholarship funding against a new pool of candidates. Students who are reapplying must update all items except proof of Polish heritage. This includes submitting a new application form, updated financial information form, essay describing your academic progress or classes you have taken, recent or new activities such as internships, volunteer programs or new directions and developments in your studies, official transcripts for the interim period through the most recent summer semester (do not submit current Fall grades unless requested), two updated letters of reference, photo, an updated CV, application fee and checklist.
Additional Notes for All P.A.C.N.J. Applicants:
- Prepare your supporting documents prior to applying on-line (essay, proof of ancestry, photo, CV). Permanent residents and naturalized citizens are advised to have green card numbers and Naturalization certificate numbers on hand when applying.
- Save all documents using the following file naming convention: PAC21-Your Last Name-Your First Name-descriptio of item. Descriptions may include FIF (financial information form) or Financial Info; Essay, Admission-SHU (include university initials), Heritage or Ancestry, Photo, CV and similar descriptive terms;
- Set aside enough time to complete the on-line application form in one session. You will not be able to save your answers and return to complete the form at a later time;
- Applications are reviewed for completeness in the order received. If questions arise regarding your submission, we will contact you via e-mail. Please respond promptly;
- If you have questions about the application, requirement or the application procedure, please call Addy (212) 734-2130 ext. 412 during business hours;
- Applicants receive confirmation of on-line submission - successful submission is indicated by a check mark within a circle.;
- If you are experiencing technical issues with submission, please send us an e-mail with details or call (212) 734-2130 ext 412;
- If you experience technical issues with submitting your 0n-line application, please send a detailed e-mail regarding the issue you are experiencing or call (212) 734-2130 ext. 412 during business hours;
- The Foundation cannot confirm receipt of your application materials by phone. If you wish to receive confirmation of receipt of supporting materials include a self addressed stamped postcard with your hard copy supporting materials. On the reverse side of the postcard provide an itemized list for our confirmation. We will sign and return the postcard to you with checked off items when all your materials have been received;
- Do not staple check/money order to Checklist;
All P.A.C.N.J candidates must forward a copy of their completed checklist to: Barbara Kaczor, PACNJ, PO Box 494, Paramus, NJ 07653
Documents to submit on-line:
A1- Application form
B- Personal Statement/Essay
F- Proof of Polish descent
H- Curriculum Vitae
Documents to submit via USPS or e-mail:
A2- Financial Information Form
C- Official Transcripts
D- Letters of Recommendation
E- College admission letters
I- $35 application fee and checklist
Send hard copy documents to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Questions: Addy (212) 734-2130 ext. 412
Application Deadline: January 15
Scholarship Notification Letters: June
Please send changes in address and other contact information via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org
the ONLINE APPLICATION will open soon
A green check mark within a circle indicates that your application has been successfully submitted.
When the application period is closed e-mail us and ask to be added to the Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship mailing list. Include information that clearly illustrates your eligibility for this scholarship, for example: My parents are members of PACNJ. My current GPA is 3.25 and I will be entering college in the Fall of 2020.
We will add your e-mail address to our notification list for one year. Notification will be sent when the new application has posted and the scholarship application period has begun. Please add Addy@thekf.org to your address book/white list/safe senders list to insure that the notification is not directed to your Spam folder.