The Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarships provide funding to qualified students for full-time undergraduate studies at accredited colleges and universities in the United States. Scholarship amount varies. Scholarships will be awarded for academic year September 2019-May 2020. The selection of Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship winners is made on a competitive basis by the Kosciuszko Foundation on behalf of the Polish American Club of North Jersey. Scholarships are renewable; students may reapply for funding.
For more information about membership in the Polish American Club of North Jersey and its activities, please contact:
Barbara Kaczor (973) 226-1320 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant must :
- be a United States citizen of Polish descent or a Polish citizen with permanent residency status in the U.S.;
- be an active member (minimum: 2 years) of the Polish American Club of North Jersey;
- and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Children and grandchildren of Club members are eligible.
- Only one member per immediate family may receive a Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship during a given academic year.
Selection is based on application completeness, recommendations, academic excellence and achievements, interests and motivation, the applicant's essay, interest in Polish subjects or involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Scholarship Application and Financial Information Form;
- B - Statement of Purpose/essay;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two confidential Letters of Reference;
- E - Letter of Admission;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Passport-size photo:
- H - $35 non-refundable application fee and Checklist.
- A - Complete the on-line application at the "Click Here to Apply" button. Complete the Financial Information Form and save it as "PAC20-Last name-First name-FIF". Submit the form via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org OR send a hard copy to the KF Grants Department via USPS;
- B - Submit a statement of purpose. In the statement of purpose/essay discuss your major and your academic and career goals. Your statement of purpose will be three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "PAC20" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Save your file as "PACNJ20-Last Name-First Name-essay" and upload it to the on-line application form;
- C - Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through the most recent Summer semester. Submit official transcripts via USPS.
- D - Submit two letters of reference. Request letters of academic reference from two professors / teachers with whom you have studied recently. Letters should be written on school/university letterhead and sent by teachers/professors directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via USPS or via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org. Please ask your teachers / professors to save their recommendation with the following filename "PAC20-Candidate's Last name-First name-LOR-Prof's Last name";
- E - Submit a copy of your letter of admission. This requirement is only for students who are entering college. Submit a copy of your admission letter via USPS or via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org. If submitting via e-mail, please save your file as "PAC20-Last name-First name-admisson-University initials". Admission letters are accepted through the scholarship notification date in May, however, earlier submissions are appreciated;
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Use documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents and arrange in chronological order. Save all documents to one file. Save the document as "PAC20-Last Name-First Name-heritage" and upload the file to the application form. One line of descent is sufficient to prove Polish descent. If the above described documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not official documents and will not be accepted;
- G - Submit a photo of yourself which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. A passport style photo is suggested. Save your photo as "PAC20-Last name-First name-photo" and upload the file to the on-line application form;
- H - Submit your Curriculm Vitae. Save your file as "PAC20-Last name-First name-CV" and upload it to application form;
- I - Submit the $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF and send via USPS. Payment via check or money order payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation are acceptable forms of payment.
Notes for Re-applicants:
- Students who are applying for scholarship funding are considered together with new applicants and will be competing for scholarship funding against a new pool of candidates. Students who are reapplying must update all items except proof of Polish heritage. This includes submitting a new application form, financial information form, an essay describing your academic progress or classes you have taken, recent or new activities such as internships, volunteer programs or new directions/developments in your studies, official transcripts for the interim period through the most recent summer semester (do not submit current Fall grades unless requested), two updated letters of reference, photo, an updated CV, application fee and checklist.
Notes for all P.A.C.N.J. applicants:
- Prior to applying on-line, prepare your supporting documents and save them according to the file names suggested;
- The on-line application must be completed in one session;
- Applicants receive confirmation of on-line submission - successful submission is indicated by a check mark within a circle.;
- Do not staple check/money order to Checklist;
- Applications are reviewed in the order received. If items are missing or if questions arise during the review process, an e-mail will be sent to the candidate. It is the candidate's responsibility to follow up on missing items and to respond to questions.
- The candidate is responsible for understanding requirements and submitting the required documents.
- Please do not call/e-mail for confirmation of materials - we will contact you if documents are needed;
All P.A.C.N.J candidates must forward a copy of their completed checklist to: Barbara Kaczor, PACNJ, PO Box 494, Paramus, NJ 07653
Send hard copy documents to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
Documents to submit online: Application form, Personal Statement/Essay, Proof of Polish descent, photo, C.V.
Documents accepted via USPS include: Financial Information Form, official transcripts, letters of recommendation, university admission letters, $35 application fee and checklist.
Documents accepted via e-mail include: Financial Information Form, letters of recommendation, university admission letters.
Scholarship deadline: January 15
Scholarship Decision letters: Sent July 17th
Please send changes in address and other contact information via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org
ONLINE APPLICATION IS CLOSED
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- Statement of Purpose.
- Proof of Polish heritage.
- Curriculum Vitae
Links to the application, financial information form, and checklist are live from late Fall through the deadline date.
When the application period is closed send an e-mail to the Scholarship and Grant Officer and ask to be added to the Polish American Club of North Jersey Scholarship mailing list. Be sure to include information that illustrates your eligibility for this scholarship, for example: I am an American of Polish descent and my grandmother is a member of PACNJ. My current GPA is 3.25 and I will be entering college in the Fall of 2019. Please add my name to the PACNJ mailing list. We will add your e-mail address to our list for one year and will send you an e-mail notification when the scholarship application period cycle opens.