The Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA Scholarship provides funding of $2,000 to a qualified undergraduate student for full-time studies at an accredited college or university in the United States. Scholarships will be awarded for academic year September 2018 - May 2019. The selection of the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA Scholarship winner is made on a competitive basis by the Kosciuszko Foundation.
Note: For more information on membership in Lodge #1903 of the Polish National Alliance please contact:
Home of the Alliance
176 Java Street
Brooklyn, NY 11222
Membership in the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA consists of purchasing a life insurance policy. One year of membership in the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA is required in order to meet eligibility criteria for the PNA of Brooklyn, USA Scholarship.
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status in the US (green card holders) who are members in good standing of the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA, Lodge #1903 and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Only one member per immediate family may receive a tuition scholarship during an academic year. This scholarship is non-renewable.
Selection is based on application completeness, recommendations, academic excellence and achievements, interests and motivation, the applicant's essay, interest in Polish subjects/ involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A - Scholarship Application and Financial Information Form;
- B - Statement of Purpose/essay;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two Letters of Reference;
- E - College/university Letter of Admission;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Passport-size photo;
- H - Curriculum Vitae;
- I - $35 non-refundable application fee and Checklist.
- A - Preview the sample application form found above before you apply. Prepare your supporting documents in advance and save them according to the file naming conventions suggested. Complete the application found at the "Click Here to Apply" button found below and upload your supporting files. Complete the Financial Information Form and save it as "PNA19-Last Name-First Name-FIF" and e-mail it to Addy@thekf.org or send a hard copy to the Grants Department via USPS;
- B - In the Statement of Purpose/essay discuss your major, and academic and career goals. Your statement of purpose will be three pages, double spaced. Include your full name, "PNA19" and page numbers on the upper right hand corner of each page of your statement. Save your file as "PNA19-Last Name-First Name-essay" and upload it to the on-line application form.
- C -Submit official transcripts for three full years of academic work through Summer 2017; Submit official transcripts via USPS.
- D- Request letters of academic reference from professors / teachers you have studied with recently. Letters must be written on school/university letterhead and may be sent by professors directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via USPS or via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org. Please save the file as "PNA19-Candidate's Last name-First name-LOR-Prof's Last name" ;
- E - Students entering college in September 2018 must submit a copy of the letter of admission. Letters may be uploaded to the on-line application form, submitted via USPS or e-mailed to Addy@thekf.org. If submitting via e-mail, please save your file as "PNA19-Last name-First name-admission-university initials". Admission letters are accepted through the scholarship notification date, however, earlier submissions are appreciated;
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Use documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to show your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names in supporting documents and arrange in chronological order. If documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not official documents and will not be accepted. Save all documents to one file. Save the document as "PNA19-Last Name-First Name-heritage" and upload it to the application form. One line of descent is sufficient to prove Polish descent.;
- G - Submit a photo of yourself (head shot) which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. Save your photo as "PNA19-Last Name-First Name-photo" and upload the file to the on-line application form;
- H - Upload your Curriculum Vitae. Save your file as "PNA19-Last name-First name-CV";
- I - Submit $35 non-refundable application fee together with the Checklist to the KF and send via USPS. Please make your check or money order payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation.
- You will receive an electronic confirmation upon application submission.
- Do not staple check/money order to the Checklist.
Send hard copy documents to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Tel. (212) 734-2130 ext. 210
Documents accepted via USPS include:
Transcripts, Letters of Recommendation, University Admission letters, Financial Information form, $35 Application fee and Checklist.
Documents accepted via e-mail include:
Recommendation letters; university Admission letters; Financial Information Form, university admission letters.
Deadline for application and supporting materials: January 22
Decision letters are sent in May.
Changes in contact information after submission of application materials may be forwarded via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org
THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS OPEN
You will need to upload several documents to complete the online application:
- A photo (head shot) of yourself which is suitable for publication.
- Statement of purpose.
- Proof of Polish ancestry.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
Links to the application, financial information form, and checklist are live from late Fall through the deadline date. _____________________________________________________
The on-line application period will close after the deadline date. When the application period is closed send an e-mail to Addy@thekf.org and ask to be added to the P.N.A. Brooklyn, USA Scholarship mailing list. The scholarship cycle will reopen in Fall 2018 for academic year Fall 2019/Spring 2020. Be sure to include information that illustrates your eligibility (ex. I am a PNA Brooklyn USA Grp#1903 member. I am an undergraduate sophomore of Polish descent. My GPA is 3.0). We will add your e-mail address to our list for one year and will send you an e-mail notification when the next application cycle opens.