The Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA Scholarship provides funding of $2,000 to a qualified undergraduate student for full-time studies at an accredited college or university in the United States. The current application cycle is for academic year September 2020 - May 2021. The selection of the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA Scholarship winner is made on a competitive basis by the Kosciuszko Foundation.
Note: For more information on membership in Lodge #1903 of the Polish National Alliance please contact:
Home of the Alliance
176 Java Street
Brooklyn, NY 11222
Phone: (718) 609-0557
Membership in the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA consists of purchasing a life insurance policy. One year of membership in the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA is required in order to meet eligibility criteria for the PNA of Brooklyn, USA Scholarship.
United States citizens of Polish descent and Polish citizens with permanent residency status in the US (green card holders) who are members in good standing of the Polish National Alliance of Brooklyn, USA, Lodge #1903 and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Only one member per immediate family may receive a tuition scholarship during the academic year. This scholarship is non-renewable. In other words, a candidate may receive this scholarship only once.
Selection is based on application completeness, the recommendations of professors/teachers, academic excellence, achievements, interests, motivation, the applicant's essay (statement of purpose), and interest in Polish subjects or involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A1 & A2 - Scholarship Application and Financial Information Form;
- B - Statement of Purpose/essay;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two Letters of Recommendation;
- E - Admission letter, if applicable;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Photo;
- H - Curriculum Vitae;
- I - $35 non-refundable application fee and Checklist.
Notes Regarding Supporting Documents:
- A1 - Complete the on-line application at the ""Click Here to Apply" button found below.
- A2 - Submit your completed Financial Information Form (Pages 1 and 2). Candidates entering college please include budgetary figures for the top three schools you are most likely to attend (Page 2).
- B - Submit a Statement of Purpose. Discuss your major, and academic and career goals. Your statement of purpose will be three pages long, double spaced. Include your full name, "PNA21" and page numbers on each page of your statement.
- C -Submit official transcripts for the last three full years of academic work through the most recent Summer semester. Applicants will need to submit high school transcripts in addition to undergraduate transcripts to show three years of academics.
- D- Submit two letters of recommendation. Letters may be from two professors or teachers with whom you have studied recently. Letters must be written on university or school letterhead and sent by professors and teachers directly to the Kosciuszko Foundation via USPS or via e-mail. Please ask professors and teachers to save their recommendation letters as PNA21-Candidate's Last name-First name-LOR-Prof's Last name;
- E - Submit a copy of your college admission letter. This requirement is only for students who are entering college in September. Collelge admission letters are accepted through May 31st;
- F - Submit proof of Polish ancestry. Use copies of documents such as birth certificates, passports, naturalization papers and other official documents to trace your lineage to the ancestor who was born in Poland. Highlight relevant names and arrange documents in chronological order. Save all documents to one file using the file naming convention listed below. One line of descent is sufficient to prove Polish descent. If the above described documentation is not available, a letter from a prominent member of the community verifying your Polish ancestry will be accepted. Letters from relatives are not official documents and will not be accepted;
- G - Submit a photo of yourself which is suitable for publication in the Kosciuszko Foundation's Newsletter. A passport style photo is suggested (2 inches x 2 inches).
- H - Submit your Curriculum Vitae. Include awards, achievements, participation in clubs, activities, Polish clubs, etc.
- I - Submit $35 non-refundable application fee together with your Checklist to the KF via USPS. Checks and money orders made payable to the Kosciuszko Foundation are the only acceptable forms of payment.
Documents to submit on-line:
A1- Application form
B- Personal Statement/Essay
F- Proof of Polish descent
H- Curriculum Vitae
Documents to submit via USPS or e-mail:
A2- Financial Information Form
C- Official Transcripts
D- Letters of Recommendation
E- College admission letters
I- $35 application fee and checklist
Send hard copy materials to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
- Prepare your supporting documents prior to applying on-line (essay, proof of ancestry, photo, CV). Permanent residents and naturalized citizens are advised to have green card numbers and Naturalization certificate numbers on hand when applying.
- Save all documents using the following file naming convention: PNA21-Your Last Name-Your First Name-description of item. Descriptions may include FIF (financial information form) or Financial Info, Essay, Admission-NYU (include university initials), Heritage, Ancestry, Photo, CV and similar descriptive terms. Ask professors and teacher to save their recommendation letters as PNA21-Candidates's Last Name-First Name-LOR-Prof's Last name.
- Set aside enough time to complete the on-line application form in one session. You will not be able to save your answers and return to complete the form at a later time.
- Applications are reviewed for completeness in the order received. If questions arise regarding your submission, we will contact you via e-mail. Please respond promptly.
- If you have questions about the application, requirements or the application procedure, please call (212) 734-2130 ext 412.
- If you experience technical issues with submitting your on-line application, please send a detailed e-mail regarding the issue you are experiencing or call (212) 734-2130 ext. 412 during business hours.
- The Foundation cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone. If you wish to receive confirmation of receipt of supporting materials include a self addressed stamped postcard with your hard copy supporting materials. On the reverse side of the post card provide an itemized list for our confirmation. We will sign and return the postcard to you with checked off items when all your materials have been received.
- Apply only once - we will also consider you for any KF tuition scholarship for which you qualify.
Do not staple check/money order to the Checklist.
New York, NY 10065
Questions: Addy (212) 734-2130 ext. 412
Application Deadline: January 15
Scholarship Notification : June
Please send changes in address and other contact information via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org
THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
When the application period is closed e-mail us and ask to be added to the P.N.A. Brooklyn, USA Scholarship mailing list. Include information that clearly illustrates your eligibility for this scholarship, for example:. I am a member of group #1903 of the PNA of Brooklyn. I am an undergraduate sophomore of Polish descent. My GPA is 3.0.
We will add your e-mail address to our notification list for one year. Notification will be sent when the new application has posted and the scholarship application period has begun. Please add Addy@thekf.org to your address book/white list/safe senders list to insure that the notification is not directed to your Spam folder.