Kosciuszko Foundation Tuition Scholarships support American students of Polish descent for graduate level studies, such as masters and Ph.D. studies, at colleges and universities in the United States. Scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $7,000 are awarded on a competitive basis for one academic year. Funding is for full-time studies. Scholarships are for academic year Fall 2020 - Spring 2021.
All fields and majors are eligible for scholarship funding under the Kosciuszko Foundation's Tuition Scholarship program. In addition, the Foundation has funds dedicated for :
- law and engineering studies at DePaul University and for studies at non-public colleges and universities in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin;
- residents of Amsterdam, NY;
- residents of Chicopee, MA;
- residents of New Hampshire;
- residents of Connecticut, first preference for residents of Fairfield and New Haven counties;
- students who evidence leadership, excellent written and verbal communication skills and participate in school and/or community activities;
- students majoring in journalism;
- students majoring in physical-chemical, biological, technical and natural sciences;
- student majoring in dentistry;
- students majoring in medicine at English schools of medicine in Poland;
- students majoring in applied sciences; medicine; music; humanities; social sciences; architecture; engineering; medical research; education; piano performance; violin performance; orchestral studies; law; art; fine arts; pharmacy; chemistry; accounting; business administration; banking; finance; Polish studies.
United States citizens and legal permanent residents (green card holders) of Polish descent who are beginning or continuing their graduate studies and who have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Scholarships are awarded for full-time studies only. Only one member per immediate family may receive a tuition scholarship during a given academic year. Applicants may re-apply for funding, however, scholarship renewals are not guaranteed. Awards are limited to two tuition scholarships per individual during the period of his/her studies. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis.
Selection is based on application completeness, recommendation of teachers and professors, academic excellence, achievements, interests, motivation, the applicant's essay (statement of purpose), interest in Polish subjects or involvement in the Polish American community. Financial need is taken into consideration.
A complete application includes the following materials:
- A1 & A2 - Scholarship Application and Financial Information Form;
- B - Statement of Purpose/essay;
- C - Official Transcripts;
- D - Two Letters of Recommendation;
- E - Letter of Admission, if applicable;
- F - Proof of Polish Ancestry;
- G - Photo;
- H - Curriculum Vitae;
- I - $35 non-refundable application fee and Checklist.
Notes Regarding Supporting Documents:
Notes for students who wish to reapply for scholarship funding:
- Students who are re-applying for scholarship funding will be competing against a new pool of candidates. Students who are reapplying must update all items except proof of Polish heritage - please upload a document indicating the academic year for which you applied previously - we will carry over your proof of ancestry file to your Fall 2020/Spring 2021 file. A) Update your application and financial information form, B) update your Statement of Purpose to reflect your progress, recent activities such as internships, volunteer programs and or new developments/ directions in your studies, C) Official Transcripts showing grades for the interim period, D) two letters of recommendation, E) Letter of Admission, if applicable, G) photo, H) updated C.V. and I) application fee and checklist.
Documents to submit on-line:
A1- Application form
B- Personal Statement/Essay
F- Proof of Polish descent
H- Curriculum Vitae
- Prepare your supporting documents prior to applying on-line (essay, proof of ancestry, photo, CV). Permanent residents and naturalized citizens are advised to have green card numbers and Naturalization certificate numbers on hand when applying.
- Save all documents using the following file naming convention: TU21-Your last name-Your first name-description of item. Descriptions may include FIF (financial information form), Financial info, Essay, Admission-UIC (include university initials), Heritage, Ancestry, Photo, CV and similar descriptive terms. Ask professors and teachers to save their recommendation letters as TU21-Candidate's Last name-First name-LOR-Prof's Last name.
- Set aside enough time to complete the on-line form in one session. You will not be able to save your answers and return to complete the form at a later time.
- Applications are reviewed for completeness in the order received. If questions arise regarding your submission, we will contact you via e-mail. Please respond promptly.
- If you have questions about the application, requirements or the application procedure, please call Addy at (212) 734-2130 ext 412.
- If you experience technical issues with submitting your on-line application, please send a detailed e-mail regarding the issue you are experiencing or call (212) 734-2130 ext 412 during business hours.
- The Foundation cannot confirm receipt of materials by phone. If you wish to receive confirmation of receipt of supporting materials include a self addressed stamped postcard with your hard copy supporting materials. On the reverse side of the postcard provide an itemized list for our confirmation. We will sign and return the postcard to you with checked off items when all your materials have been received.
- Apply only once - we will also consider you for any KF tuition scholarship for which you qualify.
- Do not staple check/money order to checklist.
Documents to submit via USPS or e-mail:
A2- Financial Information Form
C- Official Transcripts
D- Letters of Recommendation
E- Admission letters
I- $35 application fee and checklist
Submit hard copy materials to:
Kosciuszko Foundation, Inc.
15 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10065
Questions: Addy (212) 734-2130 ext. 412
Application Deadline : January 22
Scholarship Notification Letters : June
Scholarships are awarded based on the information you supply on your application form. Candidates are matched with appropriate funds which may specify or limits subject area, state of residence, and or other factors. Changes in subject area, university and/or degree sought which are made following scholarship notification must be communicated to the Kosciuszko Foundation Grants Department and may result in re-consideration of your scholarship so that an appropriate fund can be found. If an appropriate match is not found, cancellation of the scholarship award may result.
Please send changes in address and other contact information via e-mail to Addy@thekf.org
THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS OPEN
A green check mark within a circle indicates that your application has been successfully submitted.
When the application period is closed e-mail us and ask to be added to the Tuition Scholarship mailing list. Include information that clearly illustrates your eligibility for this scholarship, for example: I am an American citizen of Polish descent and a first year student of law at DePaul University School of Law. I live in Chicago, IL. Also: I am an undergraduate senior expecting to begin graduate level studies in social work in the upcoming Fall semester. I live in Portsmouth, NH.
We will add your e-mail address to our list for one year. Notification will be sent when the new application has posted and the scholarship application period has begun. Please add Addy@thekf.org to your address book/white list/safe senders list to insure that the notification is not directed to your Spam folder.